The Special Assets Officer works closely with Loan Officers, the Operations Department and the Credit Manager to oversee the bank’s Special Assets portfolio. This involves ownership of problematic loans, past dues, charge offs, OREO, legal activities and the corresponding reporting on such.
- Assume ownership of the bank’s special asset portfolio, working with loan officers, the credit department, managers, and real estate professionals.
- Develop appropriate workout strategies to maximize recovery. Develop and maintain monthly action plans for loans within assigned portfolio.
- Complete monthly loan reporting.
- Review document files to ensure the bank is in compliance.
- Assist the Credit Manager with all tasks related to the credit department and provide general operations team support.
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Accounting/Finance related preferred) or high school diploma/equivalent and experience.
- Commercial credit training.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Able to effectively manage tasks and prioritize activities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong work ethic and personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills (must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office)
- Positive and energetic attitude.