Small Business Specialist
Responsible for the acquistion of new and expanding existing small business relationships in addition to business owner's personal banking opportunities and their employess. This will be accomplished by a targeted and concentrated calling program.
In addition to individual business development, this position will work closely with Financial Center Managers in developing and executing strategies to maximize local and small business market share. Also expected to develop and execut on targeting, calling, and follow-up strategies to meet/exceed defined sales goals; establish a referral network with a core center-of-influence group; and cross-sell other services including Merchant Services, Wealth Solution, Treasury Services and Retail.
The Small Business Specialist will be responsible for implementing promotional strategies with Marketing to support and expand and deepen our small business image. Will also develop and implement sales contests withing the retail teams.
- Develops new deposit and small business loan relationships.
- Develops and executes calling strategy to support development of new small business deposit and loan opportunities.
- Engages current and potential clients to gain an understanding of their unique financial needs and recommends and opens appropriate products and services to meet those needs whild delivering a positive experience through relationship building and client advocacy.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of both consumer and small business products and services and seeks cross sell opportunities to enhance and deepen client relationships.
- Actively participates in retail sales contests and marketing activities embodying our commitment to client advocacy, accountability, community, innovation and teamwork.
- Commercial Loan Officer will arrange for and coordinate technical assistance to existing and prospective borrowers to help them improve their current operations and/or future business plans.
- Strong listening skills, excellent client service skills, comfortable asking questions and identifying needs to expand the client relationship.
- Ability to understand how to present features and benefits of products and services to clients with differing needs.
- A track record of working effectively in a team environment and building solid relationships.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to call on potential and existing clients to further develop relationships.
- Understanding of loan documents and closing commercial/small business loans.
- Well-developed credit analysis skills with the ability to structure loans.
- Solid background in relationship management and retention of client base.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Well-developed persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Experience with basic Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Accounting/Finance related preferred) or high school diploma/equivalent and experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of credit/commercial lending and or financial services experience.