Senior Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing regulatory and financial reports using GAAP principles and ensuring that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. This role includes developing and articulating presentations for senior and executive management for use in strategic decision making and opportunities. Inclusive in the responsibilities is the development of proper accounting processes and projections for new products. The position should be highly capable of developing and maintaining well-controlled and efficient processes as well as appropriate partnering with both internal and external stakeholders to endure accurate and timely financial analysis that aids senior and executive management in effective decision-making. The Senior Staff Accountant provides assistance to the Controller/CFO.
- Prepares financial statements and supporting detail for management and Board Reports.
- Prepares regulatory reports including the Call Report.
- Reconciles bank and general ledger accounts.
- Ensure ongoing appropriateness of accounting methodologies and departmental procedures.
- Interacts with internal & external auditors and other regulators as necessary.
- Research and respond to questions relating to accounting entries and product application system data.
- Identifies areas of risk with processes and escalates with recommendations for resolution.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High end-user computer skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Experience with Cognos is a plus.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Adaptive learner; able to grasp and apply new concepts in a timely manner;
- Ability to effectively apply business knowledge to meaningful analyses.
Education or Experience Preferred
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required; of the two, an Accounting degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of current banking accounting experience is required.
- Professional certification; CPA preferred.