SBA Loan Officer
Responsible for the development of Small Business Administration loan opportunities. The SBA Loan Officer establishes and maintains a direct calling effort on outside loan referral sources as well as a direct calling effort on potential clients.
- Develops sales leads independently and by teaming with Commercial Loan Officers and Market Leaders to attain new business relationships and product sales
- Interviews applicant and requests specified information for SBA loan application.
- Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant's evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, banking status, and other information to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Compiles SBA loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Presents loans to loan committee for approval when necessary.
- Calls and visits clients and prospects to promote and sell bank products and services teaming with Commercial Loan Officers and Market Leaders. Promotes and cross-sells other bank products and services as appropriate to client, such as business checking.
- Compiles and analyzes market research data in order to develop or increase the competitiveness of current product and services offered.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for SBA Loan products.
- Provides loan data to support marketing and sales promotion programs as required.
- Responds to client information requests or inquiries involving small business loans.
- Oversees and ensures accuracy and performance of SBA loan administration and processes, such as receipt of applications from prospective applicants, completeness of loan packages, and timely processing, funding, and closing of committed loans.
- Demonstrated success in SBA lending and achievement in the industry.
- Successful experience and proven track record in growing sales.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with clients, prospects, business partners and direct reports.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills with exceptional interpersonal and communicative skills with both individuals and groups.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance or high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years' of SBA lending experience.