Responsible for maintaining the integrity of an assigned portfolio of relationships and underwriting new business opportunities in support of the Bank’s overall goals. This position will include interfacing with clients, all levels of management, staff and product specialists, and assisting trainees and junior analysts. Requires little or no assistance from supervisor in completing complex underwriting.
- Perform all aspects of financial analysis, underwriting and loan structuring on new and existing clients including statement spreading, risk assessment (RAM), projections/DSO and sensitivity analysis, and completion of Credit Approval Documents.
- Ensure timely completion of renewals and annual reviews on assigned relationships including re-evaluation of risk ratings, as well as loan structure and pricing
- Interface with Relationship Managers, Chief Credit Officer, and other Senior Managers as required.
- Participates in the preparation and review of commitment letters and loan documentation.
- Maintain integrity of a portfolio ensuring credit quality and soundness of risk ratings, condition of credit files, and integrity of the bank’s data systems.
- Set-up and maintenance of appropriate ticklers to facilitate timely receipt of client financial reporting and accurate testing of financial covenants.
- Monitor maturing loan report.
- Monitor past due report.
- Monitor client compliance with Borrowing Base and other collateral requirements.
- Participate on prospect and client calls as appropriate.
- Participate in special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Contribute to the development and training of junior Portfolio Managers, Credit Analysts and Credit Associates as necessary.
- Provides back up to Relationship Managers
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Accounting/Finance related preferred) or high school diploma/equivalent and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a business banker or commercial loan officer at a bank, economic development organization or a community development financial institution.
- Proven business development skills.
- Proven track record of superior financial sales performance.
- Previous experience working with credit risk analysis and loan underwriting.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.