Loan & Documentation Officer
Primarily responsible for loan document preparation and managing the quality assurance of the loan closing process.
- Log all incoming loan applications when received. Distribute to appropriate Loan Officer.
- Review Loan Officer’s summary for proper approval and special conditions or instructions prior to closing; relay approval and clear stipulations with borrower; order and review title search; review business organization documents relating to borrower; review closing process with borrower; arrange the closing/funding; prepare necessary closing/loan documents.
- Review loan documentation packages for accuracy. Perform OFAC verifications as required to ensure compliance with applicable bank and regulatory policy. Coordinates or obtains all necessary collateral documentation from borrower and reviews same to ensure compliance with terms of the loan and facilitates the International Registry process when necessary. Coordinate closing process with escrow agent and authorize the release of loan proceeds on behalf of the lending partner when all closing requirements have been satisfied.
- Review loan documents to determine documents were properly executed. Forward loan package and authorize funding from lender.
- Produce month-end reports; maintain loan application database.
- Back-up for Operations Manager.
- Perform all other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of loan processing practices, methods and procedures.
- Capacity to work in a high demand, deadline sensitive atmosphere.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work in a focused multi-task environment.
- Provide customers with the highest quality of customer service that meets their needs in a timely efficient and professional manner; ability to follow up on customer issues, questions or requests.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to achieve a high standard with work processes and outcomes, is able to complete tasks with a concern for all details involved; monitors and checks work for precision, clarity and completeness; produces quality results.
Education or Experience Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of loan document preparation and loan closing experience.