Human Resources / Learning & Development Manager
Responsible for performing a variety of routine human resources duties to include employee relations, human resources capital, benefit administration, payroll administration and recruiting management functions.
Design, develop and deliver learning programs within the organization. The programs would include but are not limited to work measurement, performance management, product knowledge, technical skills, and supervisory development.
- Responsible for day to day administration of benefits programs designed by bank to include updating records, reviewing all monthly invoices for accuracy and assisting with processing of claims.
- Participates in preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs and changes in benefits programs.
- Monitors employee files for medical leave and/or family medical leave, benefits, promotions and terminations to include COBRA and 40l (K).
- Performs all in-house payroll procedures, such as entering automated payroll data, processing employee time record, inputting absences into attendance controller, preparing general ledger entries, and maintaining employee tax deductions and other payroll deductions.
- Prepares semi-monthly 40l(K) contribution report in a timely manner
- Assists in performing salary surveys to determine prevailing rates for similar jobs in other banks.
- Develops and maintains various computer spreadsheets and database files
- Assists in the preparation of job descriptions for positions in the bank.
- Maintains tickler system for employee annual performance reviews and ensures that reviews are received in the administration area in a timely manner.
- Prepares and submits governmental reports for payroll and other personnel issues. (Workman’s compensation report, annual 40l-(K) census report, benefit census reports and other reports.)
- Conducts screening interviews of applicants.
- Perform all employee background checks
- Maintain all personnel and training files. This includes keeping an adequate supply of personnel forms, maintaining personnel files under established guidelines, along with proper storing of all administrative records in an easy to retrieve manner on an annual basis.
- Prepares and updates employee directory, telephone list, and birthday list then distributes accordingly.
- Maintain attendance records
- Orders all new employees badges, nameplates, business cards, bank shirts and other required items.
- Keep records and prepares statistical reports concerning recruitment, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions and terminations under direction of Administration Officer to comply with EEOC.
- Plan and organize employee picnic and annual holiday party.
- Maintains and updates records for WOW program
- Maintain records to order anniversary gifts and TERRIFIC employee of the quarter awards.
Learning & Development:
- Develops, writes and coordinates training programs working with Subject Matter Experts (SME) for specific details. The training programs should include: course content, visual charts, PowerPoint slides, etc.
- Schedules training sessions within individual training programs ensuring facility setup, audiovisual setup and employee notification.
- Handle introductions of topic specialists at the start of training sessions and provides courses in such a way to stimulate and motivate attendees. Develops a means of measuring the effectiveness of divisional training programs through testing, etc.
- Handle the effectiveness of programs developed and/or administered.
- Develop higher skills from within the existing workforce.
Education or Experience Preferred
- College-level degree in one or more of the following:
- Human Resources Development
- Personnel Relations
- Business Administration
- Minimum two (2) years' prior training, teaching, or related Human Resources experience.
- Creative ability, writing proficiency, visual graphics design ability.
- Good organizer, meticulous, and good public speaker at ease moderating large groups.