Financial Analysis and Reporting Manager
As a member of the finance and accounting department, this position will play a vital role in the accuracy, efficiency and timeliness in the completion of financial information for both internal and external use. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring reports are completed in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles(GAAP), applicable regulation (i.e. Basel III) and industry best practices.
- Preparation of the monthly financial reporting package for the Bank, Affiliates and Company.
- Regulatory reporting to include the Bank (Call, Summary of Deposits) and Company (FR-Y reports)
- Analyze and recommend actions on liquidity, cash management and investment portfolio activities to maximize investment of excess funds and minimize borrowing costs and risk.
- Preparation and analysis of ALM reporting initiatives.
- Analysis of financial results, identifying operating variances to budget to include narrative.
- Identify, develop and implement automated, efficient and accurate reporting methods of balance sheet, income statement, loan portfolio dynamics and deposit activities.
- Implementation and on-going support of a "Financial Dashboard" for use by management in monitoring and evaluating financial activities.
- Continued analysis of company accounting policies and practices for compliance with GAAP, disclosure requirements and regulatory reporting pronouncements.
- Coordination and completion of the annual budget process, financial forecasting and profitability analysis.
- Ongoing interaction and direct support of Accounting Operations and Deposit Operations departments.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
- Experience developing complex models and databases in an effort to standardize reporting processes.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of bank financial statements and key performance indicators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with auditors and regulators for the accurate dissemination of information.
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, finance or business required.
- Five to seven years' experience in bank accounting required.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.