The Senior Portfolio and Credit Manager manages the credit department that operates independently of the loan production departments. This position has the responsibility for managing all aspects of portfolio management as well as the day to day operations of the credit department. Conducting credit analysis including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers and completing loan presentation package. This position will communicate with current and potential customers to obtain information needed for loan requests and general portfolio management in conjunction with the loan officer. This position may have an assigned level of credit approval authority.
- Oversight of the day to day operations of the credit department.
- Assign credit requests to analysts within credit department and provides mentoring and support to analysts to assist in completion of underwriting package.
- Provide training where appropriate within credit department.
- Spread financial statements within system and generate relevant reports for analysis and loan presentation.
- Analyze the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Underwrite, analyze and prepare presentations for loan requests.
- Provide input to credit analysts, loan officers and management on loan structuring.
- Process credit references.
- Effectively communicate with loan officers and customers regarding credit matters.
- Oversight of Bank’s annual loan review process.
- Oversight of the monitoring of loans to ensure proper maintenance with respect to items such as updated financial information and covenant compliance.
- Assist the Chief Credit Officer with all tasks related to the Credit Department, perform various special projects, and provide general support to the operational areas within the Bank.
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Accounting/Finance related preferred) or high school diploma/equivalent and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience.
- Able to effectively manage tasks and prioritize activities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve complex financial transactions.
- Strong work ethic and personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with all levels of Bank personnel and outside business contacts.
- Positive and energetic attitude.