The Credit Analyst I has the responsibility for conducting credit analysis including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers. This position will communicate with current and potential customers to obtain information needed for loan requests in conjunction with the Loan Officer. The analyst prepares and presents credit packages to Loan Officers and committees for use in making lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Assume ownership of the credit process and analysis for each assigned credit request from application through approval.
- Spread financial statements within system and generates relevant reports for analysis and loan presentation.
- Analyze the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Underwrite, analyze and prepare presentations for loan requests.
- Process credit references.
- Effectively communicate with Loan Officers and customers regarding credit matters.
- Preparation of annual loan reviews.
- Assist in the monitoring of loans to ensure proper maintenance with respect to items such as updated financial information and covenant compliance.
- Assist the Credit Manager with all tasks related to the Credit Department, perform various special projects, and provide general support to the operational areas within the Bank.
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Accounting/Finance related preferred) or high school diploma/equivalent and experience.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years professional experience with focus on consumer and commercial underwriting.
- Able to effectively manage tasks and prioritize activities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.