Position assists the CFO to maintain the integrity of accounting information, assistance in implementing accounting procedures and changes to system as necessary. Special projects may be assigned as they arise. Must work closely with Deposit Operations personnel to initiate research and ensure accounting entries are properly generated in Deposit Operations area.
- Review daily reconcilements prepared in accounting
- Ensure proper coverage of accounting area
- Resolve accounting personnel questions
- Ensure proper resources available to accounting staff to accomplish tasks
- Monitor progress of monthly/daily reconciliations, billings, etc. to ensure adequate progress is being made
- Make decisions regarding appropriate handling of accounting entries, may obtain assistance of CFO or CEO if needed
- Annual reviews of accounting personnel, with approval obtained by CFO
- Prepare financial statements for NAFCO and Pilot Bancshares
- Review accounting procedures to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and proper data integrity audits and segregation of duties (identify control weaknesses and correct as needed)
- Month-end closing process
- Work with Deposit Operations Managers to accomplish necessary accounting tasks
- Prepare financial statements in ProfitStar model
- Review accruals
- Review General Ledger reconciliations
- Review and authorize on-line transactions of accounting personnel
- Assist in accounting system enhancements as needed
- Review daily reconciliations, ensure reconciling items are taken care of
- Forward Correspondent recons to CFO
- Assist with financial audits
- Prepare management reporting package with review by CFO
- File regulatory reports
- Maintain policies and procedures
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Manage budgeting process with review by CFO
- Implement operational best practices
- Maintain performance measurements
- Monitor cash balances
Education or Experience Preferred
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in accounting or high school diploma/equivalent with experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Banking experience preferred but not required.