Responsible for developing new business, structuring, and the closing of commercial loans, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. Represents the bank in local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the bank’s products and services.
- Develop and strengthen the loan referral network, using leads to achieve loan goals.
- Exploring and pursue new markets for loan products.
- Analyzing loan requests and prepares written evaluations and recommendations for approvals.
- Coordinate the loan closings, ensuring that documents are properly prepared and executed.
- Sustain productive relationships with borrowers and assist with problem loans.
- Commercial Loan Officer will arrange for and coordinate technical assistance to existing and prospective borrowers to help them improve their current operations and/or future business plans.
Education or Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Accounting/Finance related preferred) or high school diploma/equivalent and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a business banker or commercial loan officer at a bank, economic development organization or a community development financial institution.
- Proven business development skills.
- Proven track record of superior financial sales performance.
- Previous experience working with credit risk analysis and loan underwriting.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- College degree in business, finance, accounting or a related field.