Position assists the Controller to maintain the integrity of accounting information, assistance in implementing accounting procedures and changes to system as necessary. Special projects may be assigned as they arise. Must work closely with Deposit Operations personnel to initiate research and ensure accounting entries are properly generated in Deposit Operations area.
Personnel (Upon absence of Controller):
- Review daily reconcilements prepared in accounting
- Ensure proper coverage of accounting area
- Resolve accounting personnel questions
- Ensure proper resources available to accounting staff to accomplish tasks
- Monitor progress of monthly/daily reconciliations, billings, etc. to ensure adequate progress is being made
- Make decisions regarding appropriate handling of accounting entries, may obtain assistance of CFO or Controller if available by phone
- Defer annual reviews to Controller or CFO when they become available
- Review accounting procedures to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and proper data integrity audits and segregation of duties
- Month-end closing process
- Work with DBA and Deposit Operations Managers to accomplish necessary accounting tasks
- Prepare financial statements in ProfitStar model
- Review accruals
- Review General Ledger reconciliations
- Review and authorize on-line transactions of accounting personnel
- Assist in accounting system enhancements as needed
- Answer questions of co-workers regarding accounting related questions
- Review daily reconciliations, ensure reconciling items are taken care of
- Forward Correspondent recons to CFO
Education or Experience Preferred
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in accounting or high school diploma/equivalent and experience..
- Must be detail oriented.
- Banking experience preferred but not required