Position assists the Controller in maintaining the integrity of the Bank's general accounting and financial operations, assists in implementing accounting procedures and ensuring adequate controls are maintained in accordance with approved policies/procedures. Must work closely with Deposit Operations personnel to ensure accounting entries are properly generated and processed. Special projects may be assigned as they arise.
- Complete reconciliations of general ledger accounts, as assigned.
- Review reconciliations prepared by Accounting Specialist, ensuring reconciling items are taken care of timely.
- Complete month-end closing process.
- Maintain accruals, prepaid and fixed asset schedules.
- Make decisions regarding appropriate handling of accounting entries, may obtain assistance of Controller/CFO.
- Review accounting procedures to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and proper segregation of duties.
- Preparation of Affiliate and Holding Company financial reports.
- Ensure the accuracy, frequency and timeliness of the Company's consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting and/or regulatory reporting.
- Assist in accounting system enhancements as needed.
- Interact with internal and external auditors and other regulators as necessary.
- Open/maintain the Chart of Accounts to ensure accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Backup Deposit Operations, as needed, for incoming/outgoing wires.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Adaptive learner; able to grasp and apply new concepts in a timely manner.
Education or Experience Preferred
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Banking experience preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.